The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Monday, September 27, 2021

Discernment part 1

September 27, 2021


LESSON 39: Discernment

A. Definition of discernment: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: 1 Kings 3:11; 2 Chron. 2:12; Ps. 119:125; Prov. 3:21; 17:10. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Deut. 32:28; 32:29; Prov. 28:5; Amos 5:7.

E. Thinking about discernment in my own life:

1. When have I shown discernment? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show discernment?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build discernment?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of discernment? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build discernment into my life: 2 Cor. 10:7.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. When you see someone who appears to be successful, are you impressed? 

2. Do you value those who have succeeded according to the world's standards? 

3. Do you judge by appearance alone?

4. Does the way a person look reveal what they are really like or what their true value is? 

5. Does God judge from appearances?

6. Are there areas in your life in which you are judging others based on their appearance? 

7. Do people unlike yourself make you feel uncomfortable? 

8. Are there certain groups of people you associate with more than others? 

9. Do I value that which God values?

10. Would others agree that my life-style is in agreement with God's desires for me?

No comments: