The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Alertness part 3

 September 1, 2021


LESSON 35: ALERTNESS

A. Definition of alertness:

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Matt. 24:42; 24:34; 25:13; Mark 13:35; Acts 20:31; 1 Cor. 16:13; Col. 4:2; 1 Thess. 5:6; 1 Pet. 5:8. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Matt. 26:40; Mark 14:37; Luke 12:39; Rev. 3:2; 3:3; 16:15. 

E. Thinking about faith my own life:

1. When have I shown alertness? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show alertness? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build alertness? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of alertness?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build alertness into my life: Matt. 26:41; 1 Cor. 16:13; 1 Pet. 5:8.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Am I overcoming temptation by keeping watch and praying? 

2. Am I aware of the possibilities of temptation in my life?

3. Do I recognize the subtleties of temptations in my life? 

4. Do I believe that God has given me all that I need to spiritually fight temptation? 

5. Am I being misled by confusing claims or speculative interpretations of what will happen in the last days?

6. Am I afraid to tell people about Christ, despite what they might say or do to me? 

7. Am I standing firm by faith and not surprised by persecution? 

8. Am I morally alert, obedient to the commands for living found in God's Word? 

9. In times of great stress, we are vulnerable to temptation, even if we have a willing spirit. Do I pray to God, seek support of friends and loved ones, and focus on the purpose God has given me? 

10. Do I gather others around me by giving myself away to them?

No comments: