The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Cautiousness part 2

 September 7, 2021


LESSON 36: CAUTIOUSNESS

A. Definition of cautiousness: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Prov. 8:34; Rom. 8:23; 1 Cor. 1:7; Heb. 11:10; Heb. 10:13; James 5:7.

D. A negative example from the Bible: 1 Pet. 3:20; Ecc. 5:2; Is. 32:4. 

E. Thinking about faith in my own life:

1. When have I shown cautiousness? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show caution?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build cautiousness?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of cautiousness?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build caution into my life: Heb. 10:13; Rom. 8:23; 1 Cor. 1:7.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I wait on the Lord before I make major decisions?

2. Do I move quickly on decisions? 

3. When I am faced with a difficult decision, do I move out with having first prayed and waiting on God for a direction?

4. What has been the result of decisions I've made without waiting on God? 

5. Do I move in God's timing or am I pushed along by those around me?

6. Are the results of my life characterized by waiting on God? 

7. Are others encouraged by my example as I wait on God? 

8. Do I understand that there are varying levels of success dependent on God's timing? 

9. When God tells me to move out in faith, do I? 

10. Do I hesitate when God tells me it is His timing? 

11. Do I find it difficult to wait on God? Is he in a hurry?

No comments: