The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Decisiveness part 3

 September 15, 2021


LESSON 37: DECISIVENESS

A. Definition of decisiveness: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Prov. 8:10; 12:24; 21:5; Joel 3:14. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Prov. 10:4; 12:27; Ps. 119:113; James 1:8; 4:8.

E. Thinking about decisiveness in my own life:

1. When have I shown decisiveness? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show decisiveness?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build decisiveness?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of decisiveness? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build decisiveness into my life: James 1:8. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Am I a decisive person? 

2. Would those closest to me agree that I am a decisive person? 

3. Am I able to discern between good and evil? 

4. Do I know that when it comes to obeying God, there is no middle ground? 

5. Do I realize that I am either doing what God wants or I am undecided? 

6. Do I choose to obey God, and say with the psalmist, "I love your law."?

7. Does my life and testimony show that I am decisive to others?

8. Do I understand that to be double-minded is to be double-spirited? 

9. Am I decisively following God today?

No comments: