The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Meekness part 3

October 27, 2021


LESSON 43: MEEKNESS

A. Definition of meekness: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Ps. 45:4; 2 Cor. 10:1; 1 Cor. 4:10; Gal. 5:22, 23; Gal. 6:1; Col. 3:12. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: 2 Sam. 12:5; Prov. 15:1; 27:4; 29:11; Ecc. 7:9.

E. Thinking about meekness in my own life:

1. When have I shown meekness? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show meekness?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build meekness?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of meekness? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build meekness into my life: Eph. 4:2.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Would those closest to me say I exhibit the fruit of the Spirit? 

2. Am I considered to be gentle (reasonable, fair minded, and charitable) to those outside the church as well as those within?

3. Do I imitate Christ's compassionate, forgiving attitude? 

4. Do I let the peace of Christ rule in my heart? 

5. Am I always thankful? 

6. Do I purpose to keep God's Word in me at all times? 

7. Am I living my life today as Jesus Christ's representative? 

8. Am I a relationship-builder? 

9. Am I obeying God with courage and doing what I know is right?

10. Am I always ready to give an answer, gently and respectfully, when asked about my faith, life-style, or Christian perspective? 

11. Can others see my hope in Christ? 

12. Am I prepared to tell them what Christ has done in my life?

13. Do I realize that God's warfare must be carried out with calm faith, humility before God, and hope in his deliverance? 

No comments: