The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Love part 2

 October 19, 2021


LESSON 42: LOVE

A. Definition of love:

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Deut. 6:5; 7:9; Josh. 23:11; 1 Kings 3:3; Ps. 63:3; Matt. 5:44; 22:37; 22:39; John 13:34. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Matt. 5:43; 5:46; 6:24; 23:6; 24:12; John 14:24; 1 Cor. 13:1. 

E. Thinking about love in my own life:

1. When have I shown love?

2. In what situation did I fail to show love? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build love? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of love? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build love into my life: 1 Cor. 13:4. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Am I able to give tough advice?

2. Do I hedge around the truth? 

3. Is God my first love? Would my life bear witness? 

4. If I say I love God then do also I obey him? 

5. Do I love others just as Jesus loves God? 

6. Do I love the praise of men, selfish recognition, earthly belongings, or anything more than God? Would others agree?

7. Is my love of others genuine or convenient? Serving or self serving? 

8. Am I trusting the Holy Spirit to help me show love to those for whom I may not feel love? 

9. Do I concentrate on all I can do to show my love for God and others? 

10. Am I loving my enemies by acting in their best interests; praying for them, and thinking of ways to help them?

11. Am I living as Jesus taught? When I give money to others, do I consider it as a gift, or a loan? Do I live and give as though I am giving to God? Would others agree? 

No comments: