The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Monday, October 4, 2021

Flexibility part 1

 October 4, 2021


LESSON 40: FLEXIBILITY

A. Definition of flexibility: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Col. 3:1; 3:5; Col. 2:20; 1 Cor. 6:20; 7:23; Luke 12:33; 14:13. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: 2 Chron. 13:8; Is. 1:20; Acts 7:51; Mark 14:5; Matt. 19:21.

E. Thinking about flexibility in my own life:

1. When have I been flexible? 

2. In what situation did I fail to demonstrate flexibility? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build flexibility?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of flexibility?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build flexibility into my life: Col. 3:2. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I have as little desire for this world as a dead person has? 

2. Do I believe that my real home is where Christ lives? 

3. Is my perspective on my life here on earth the same as the worlds? 

4. Am I looking at life from God's perspective and seeking what He desires? 

5. Would others say that my mind is set on things above or present?

6. Is my perspective on material goods the same as God's view of them? 

7. Do I acquire more and give it away or keep to myself? 

8. Do my possessions possess me?

9. Is there anything I have which, if I lost it today, would bring me great discomfort? 

10. Am I attached to anything that is only temporary? 

11. Do I begin my day with my agenda or God's? 

12. Is my day scheduled around fulfilling my desires and meeting my needs of the needs of others? 

13. If Jesus asked, could you give up your house? your car? your level of income? your position on the ladder of promotion? Your answer reveals your true heart.

No comments: