The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Loyalty part 4

 October 14, 2021


LESSON 41: LOYALTY

A. Definition of loyalty: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: 1 Chron. 12:33; 1 Sam. 22:14; 2 Sam. 3:8; 1 Kings 12:20; 1 Chron. 12:29.

D. A negative example from the Bible: Ps. 78:8; 78:37; Matt. 26:34; Prov. 30:9; Mark 14:31. 

E. Thinking about loyalty in my own life:

1. When have I shown loyalty?

2. In what situation did I fail to show loyalty? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build loyalty? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of loyalty? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build loyalty into my life: John 15:13. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Have I ever disowned Jesus? 

2. Do I stand for Christ even when situations are difficult? 

3. When friends or family seem to disagree with your faith, do you stand or fall? 

4. Do I say that I am devoted to Christ but my actions show something different? 

5. When others around me contradict my beliefs do I join them or resist the temptation?

6. Have I realized that loyalty is proven in the face of persecution? 

7. Is my loyalty to Christ strong enough to stand up under intense trial?

8. Would others agree that I take a stand for Christ? 

9. Do I understand that Jesus stays by my side even when I have endured so much that I seem to have no loyalty left?

10. Am I one of those "whose names are in the book of life" marked for salvation through my loyalty in Christ?

11. Am I on guard against spiritual dangers? 

12. Am I standing firm in the faith?

No comments: