The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Reverence part 3

 August 18, 2021


LESSON 33: REVERENCE

A. Definition of reverence: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Ex. 3:1-6; 1 Sam. 26:6-12; Ps. 34:1-14; Isa. 6:1-8; Rev. 4:6-11. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: 2 Sam. 16:20-23; Mal. 1:6-14; Matt. 21:33-43; Luke 23:39-43.

E. Thinking about reverence in my own life:

1. When have I shown reverence? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be reverent? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build reverence? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of reverence? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build reverence into my life: Josh. 24:14; Ps. 25:12; 46:10; Prov. 1:7; 8:13; Eph. 6:5; Heb. 12:29. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I respect traditions that are important to other people? 

2. Do I fear God when I have done wrong? 

3. Is worship a part of my daily schedule? 

4. Do I honor people much older than myself? 

5. Do I desire to be holy as God is holy? 

6. Do I regularly enjoy the presence of God with silence?

7. Does my choice of slang expression demonstrate that I have a holy awe of God? 

8. Do I grieve when people take the Lordʼs name in vain? 

9. When I imagine God, do I see Him as great, majestic, awesome… a God to be feared? 

10. Am I selective with my reverence toward people? 

11. Do people need to earn my reverence? 

12. Do my close friends revere the things I revere? 

13. Are there ungodly things in my life that I revere? 

14. Do I desire to increase my reverence toward God and other people? 

15. Will I cooperate with God to increase this quality in my life?

No comments: