The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Obedience part 4

 August 12, 2021


LESSON 32: OBEDIENCE

A. Definition of obedience:

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: 2 Chron. 17:1-6; Acts 8:26-40; Phil. 2:1-11; James 1:22-25.

D. A negative example from the Bible: Josh. 7:16-21; 1 Sam. 15:17-23; Jonah 1:1-3; Matt. 15:1-9; Heb. 3:7-19.

E. Thinking about obedience my own life:

1. When have I been obedient? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be obedient?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build obedience? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of obedience? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build obedience into my life: Prov. 19:16; Luke 11:28; John 14:15; 15:14; Eph. 2:10; 1 John 2:6; 2:17; 5:2. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Am I willing to do what God instructs regardless of the consequences? 

2. Would my parents/leaders say that I am an obedient child/servant? 

3. Do my teachers respect me because I have been obedient to them?

4. Do I experience joy in carrying out the desires of those over me?

5. Am I afraid of disobeying the will of God? 

6. Do I grieve over my disobedience rather than just shrug it off?

7. Do I strive to be more obedient to the clear will of God in my life? 

8. Do I feel hurt when a friend disobeys the Lord? 

9. Do I have a clear conscience? Have I confessed disobedience and made any necessary restitution?

10. Do I feel that obedience is always the best way? 

11. Do I expect others to obey me when I have a responsibility? 

12. Is laziness one reason I disobey? 

13. Do I argue to protect myself when I have disobeyed? 

14. Have I been able to conquer areas of persistent disobedience?

15. If I were more obedient toward my parents/leaders, would it be easier for me to obey God in other areas?

No comments: