The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Optimism part 3

 August 4, 2021


LESSON 31: OPTIMISM

A. Definition of optimism: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Num. 14:4-10; Hab. 3:17-19; Mark 14:53-62; Rom. 8:28-39; Phil. 3:12-15; Philemon 4:22. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Gen. 18:9-15; Num. 11:1-6; 13:25-33; John 5:2-9; 20:24-25. 

E. Thinking about optimism in my own life:

1. When have I been optimistic? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be optimistic?

3. What problem in my life could God use to build optimism? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of optimism? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build optimism into my life: Gen. 50:20; Luke 21:18; John 16:33; Rom. 8:25, 28; Phil. 4:8; 1 Thess. 5:18; Heb. 11:1. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I see good in every day regardless of the problems? 

2. Do I usually think that life will be better in the future than it is now? 

3. Have I seen positive results from the difficulties I have gone through? 

4. Do I enjoy all kinds of weather? 

5. Do I help others to see what God can do through their suffering?

6. Do pessimistic people irritate me?

7. Do I really expect God to sustain me in all my difficulties? 

8. Am I confident in the abilities God has given me?

9. Does the future excite me?

10. Do I expect to have a good job, a good family, a successful marriage? 

11. Do I criticize optimistic people?

12. Does my optimism increase when things are going well? 

13. Am I convinced that optimism fits the Christian life-style better than pessimism? 

14. Do I have a good reason to be optimistic about life? 

15. Have I confessed negativism in my life? Do I want God to deal with it? 

16. Am I cooperating with God to make myself optimistic?

No comments: