The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thoughtfulness part 4

 July 8, 2021


LESSON 27: THOUGHTFULNESS

A. Definition of thoughtfulness: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Matt. 27:57-61; Mark 8:22-26; Luke 7:36-50; John 19:25-27; Phil. 1:19-30.

D. A negative example from the Bible: Gen. 31:1-16; 1 Sam. 25:1-13; Jonah 4:1-11; Mark 10:13-16; Luke 15:25-32.

E. Thinking about thoughtfulness in my own life:

1. When have I shown thoughtfulness? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be thoughtful? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build thoughtfulness? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of thoughtfulness? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build thoughtfulness into my life: Matt. 10:42; Rom. 15:1, 2; Phil. 2:3, 4; Col. 3:14; 1 Pet. 3:7; 4:9; 1 John 3:18.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I remember the little details in people's lives that others tend to forget – birthdays, recent illnesses, prayer requests, favors? 

2. Am I usually aware of when close friends are hurting? 

3. Is meeting the needs of others more important to me than meeting my needs?

4. Do people seem to appreciate me because I am thoughtful? 

5. Do I enjoy giving little “surprises” to others? 

6. Do I often think about helping people in need? 

7. Am I able to avoid critical thinking and complaining? 

8. Do I resent being “stepped on” once in a while? 

9. Have I ever confessed a lack of thoughtfulness? 

10. Do I show appreciation to thoughtful people? 

11. Is my thoughtfulness often inhibited by my laziness? 

12. Is my thoughtfulness consistent? 

13. Do I attempt to meet others needs myself rather than expect someone else to? 

14. Do I think of others even when I am in need? 

15. Can I remember the last time I showed thoughtfulness? 

16. Will I cooperate with God to make me a more thoughtful person?  

No comments: