The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Monday, July 26, 2021

Joy part 1

 July 26, 2021


LESSON 30: JOY

A. Definition of joy: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Ex. 14:1-21; 1 Sam. 1:19, 2:10; Luke 10:17-21; 15:22-32; Acts 16:19-34.

D. A negative example from the Bible: Ruth 1:19-21; Job 3:1-19; John 11:17-44. 

E. Thinking about joy in my own life:

1. When have I been especially joyful? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be joyful? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build joy? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of joy? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build joy into my life: Ps. 16:11; 33:21; Luke 10:20; John 15:11; Rom. 14:17; Eph. 5:18, 19; Phil 4:4. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Some people are always grouchy when they get up. How do I act? 

2. Am I joyful even when going through a difficult trial? 

3. Do I avoid periods of depression or self-pity? 

4. Does my joy depend on my relationship with God or on my circumstances? 

5. Is my joy fragile – easily subject to change? 

6. Does my family consider me a happy person? 

7. When people are around me, do they “brighten up”? 

8. Do I enjoy making other people happy?

9. Am I cheerful when I answer the phone, when I greet people on the street, or when I answer the door?

10.Does my joy reveal itself in my day-to-day contacts (schoolmates, mailman, neighbors)? 

11. Do I make a point of being joyful when coming home or meeting friends?

12. Do I sing, whistle, dance or express joy in some way during my daily chores? 

13. Do happy people annoy me?

14. Do I usually assume that “smiley” people are insincere? 

15. Do I need more joy in my life?

16. Do I dare allow God to fill me with overflowing joy? 

No comments: