The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Diligence part 4

 July 1, 2021


LESSON 26: DILIGENCE
A. Definition of diligence:
B. An example from my everyday life:
C. A positive example from the Bible: Prov. 6:6-11; 31:10-31; Ruth 2:1-13; Mark 13:32-36; Acts 9:36-39.
D. A negative example from the Bible: Prov. 24:30-34; 26:13-16; Matt. 25:1-13; Mark 14:32-42. 
E. Thinking about diligence in my own life:
1. When have I been diligent? 
2. In what situation did I fail to be diligent?
3. What problem in my life could God use to make me more diligent?
4. Who can be a Christian model for me of diligence? 
5. How can I develop this quality in my life?
F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build diligence into my life: Prov. 10:4; 13:4; Mark 13:33; Rom. 12:11; 1 Thess. 4:11; 2 Thess. 3:12; 2 Tim. 3:16. 
G. Self-evaluation:
1. Do I consider myself diligent? 
2. Do my parents consider me diligent? 
3. Is getting out of bed on time quite easy for me? 
4. Am I diligent when the boss is not around? 
5. Do I enjoy doing a job to the best of my ability? 
6. Do people more diligent than I am make me feel guilty? 
7. Do I see diligence as a positive quality or do I say when I see someone working hard, “Who is he trying to impress”?
8. Do I feel that diligent people are happier than lazy people? 
9. Are the people I consider successful diligent? 
10. Have I confessed laziness in my life? 
11. Do I consider laziness a serious enough problem to be repented of, or does it rank low on my priorities? 
12. Do I work with a sense of accountability to others, especially to God? 
13. Do I have a daily devotional time? 
14. Am I diligent in my work because I desire to honor God? 
15. Do I carry out responsibilities in detail?
16. Do I want God to make me more diligent? 

No comments: