The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Friday, November 19, 2021

Resourcefulness part 5

 November 19, 2021


LESSON 46: RESOURCEFULNESS

A. Definition of resourcefulness

B. An example from my everyday life

C. A positive example from the Bible: Gen. 44:1; Lev. 23:22; Luke 12:42; 16:2; 16:8; John 6:12; Titus 1:7.

D. A negative example from the Bible: Matt. 26:8; Matt. 12:30; Mark 14:4; . 

E. Thinking about resourcefulness my own life:

1. When have I shown resourcefulness?

2. In what situation did I fail to show resourcefulness? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build resourcefulness? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of resourcefulness? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build resourcefulness into my life: Luke 16:10. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I agree that integrity often meets its match in money matters? 

2. Do I know that God calls me to be honest even in small details I could easily rationalize away?

3. Have I realized that if I am not trustworthy with my money here (no matter how much or little I have), I will be unfit to handle the vast riches of God's kingdom? 

4. Am I letting my integrity slip in small matters? 

5. Is it important to choose my words well and to avoid reacting until I clearly understand what other people say?

6. Is it often difficult to find people I can really trust? Am I someone others can trust? 

7. Is my life characterized by punctuality, responsibility, honesty, and hard work?

8. The Bible begins with the majestic story of his creation of the universe, and it concludes with his creation of a new heaven and a new earth. Do I know God is trustworthy?

No comments: