The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Persuasiveness part 4

 November 4, 2021


LESSON 44: PERSUASIVENESS

A. Definition of persuasive:

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: 1 Kings 22:21, 22; Matt. 28:14; 2 Cor. 5:11. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Lev. 26:25; 2 Kings 5:7; Mark 6:19; Col. 3:13; Gal. 1:10 . 

E. Thinking about being persuasive in my own life:

1. When have I shown faith? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show persuasiveness? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build persuasiveness? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of persuasiveness? 

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build persuasiveness into my life: 2 Tim. 2:24. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Is it difficult for me to forgive someone who has wronged me a little when God has forgiven me so much? 

2. Do I teach God's truth in kindness and gentleness, patiently and courteously explaining the truth? 

3. Do I quarrel or argue over unimportant details? 

4. Do I quarrel or have foolish discussions with other believers?

5. Have I realized that arguments are confusing, useless, and even harmful? 

6. Have I caused strife and divisions by my meaningless quibbling over unimportant details?

7. Do I study what the Word of God says so I can understand what it means or do I depend on what someone else tells me about God's Word? 

8. Is my life a living testimony of God's refining fire? 

9. Am I depending on the Holy Spirit as my teacher as I study the Bible, trusting him to plant truth in my mind, convince me of God's will, and remind me when I stray from it?

No comments: