The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Punctuality part 3

 November 10, 2021


LESSON 45: PUNCTUALITY

A. Definition of punctuality: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Gen. 18:14; Ex. 2:23; 9:5; Job 7:1; Dan. 11:29; Acts 9:38. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Is. 48:9; Dan. 9:19; 1 Cor. 9:12; Gal. 5:7. 

E. Thinking about being punctual in my own life:

1. When have I shown punctuality? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show punctuality? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build punctuality? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of punctuality?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build punctuality into my life: Ecc. 3:1.

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I believe that God has a plan for all people including me?

2. Have I yet discovered that God provides cycles of life, each with its work for me to do? 

3. Although I may face many problems that seem to contradict God's plan, have I allowed these problems to become barriers to believing in him, rather than opportunities to discover that, without God, life's problems have no lasting solutions? 

4. Have I realized that the secret to peace with God is to discover, accept, and appreciate God's perfect timing? 

5. Do I doubt or resent God's timing? 

6. Have I made decisions apart from God's counsel that has lead to despair, rebellion, or moving ahead without his wisdom?

No comments: