The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Friday, June 25, 2021

Initiative part 5

 June 25, 2021

LESSON 25: INITIATIVE

A. Definition of initiative: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: Gen. 1, 2; 1 Kings 9:10-28; Neh. 2; Matt. 14:22-33; Mark 2:1-5. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: Matt. 25:14-30; Luke 16:1-9; John 19:1-16; 2 Thess. 3:6-13. 

E. Thinking about initiative in my own life:

1. When have I shown initiative? 

2. In what situation did I fail to show initiative? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build initiative? 

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of initiative?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build initiative into my life: Gen. 1:1; Prov. 22:29; Eccles. 9:10; Phil. 3:14; 4:13. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do I take responsibility for my own spiritual growth and not depend excessively upon others? 

2. Do I make good use of my time? 

3. Do I have hobbies that I enjoy? 

4. When I see jobs that are not getting done, do I feel like doing them? 

5. Do I attempt to make my friends successful in something?

6. Do I like to set goals and try to reach them? 

7. When I have a “thousand things to do,” am I able to choose one thing and do it, or do I get so discouraged I do nothing? 

8. Am I convinced initiative is a mark of godliness? 

9. Do I consider it my responsibility to encourage others?

10. Can I finish a job without having to be reminded or prodded?

11. Do I look for opportunities to witness about Jesus? 

12. Am I especially creative in certain areas of my life? 

13. Do I give special attention to new people who come to my church? 

14. Do I carry out assignments or chores before being told? 

15. Am I convinced God will develop initiative in me?  

No comments: