The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Monday, June 14, 2021

Enthusiasm part 1

 June 14, 2021


LESSON 24: ENTHUSIASM

A. Definition of enthusiasm: 

B. An example from my everyday life:

C. A positive example from the Bible: 2 Sam. 6:12-15; Neh. 2:17-20; John 2:13-17; Phil. 3:4-14. 

D. A negative example from the Bible: 1 Kings 19:4-10; Matt. 16:21-23; Luke 9:51-56; Rom. 10:1-4.

E. Thinking about enthusiasm in my own life:

1. When have I been enthusiastic? 

2. In what situation did I fail to be enthusiastic? 

3. What problem in my life could God use to build enthusiasm?

4. Who can be a Christian model for me of enthusiasm?

5. How can I develop this quality in my life?

F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build enthusiasm into my life: Matt. 5:16; Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 10:31; 15:58; Gal. 6:9; Col. 3:23. 

G. Self-evaluation:

1. Do my attitude and countenance show that I enjoy my work? 

2. At home, do I have a positive spirit that makes me fun to be around, or am I a “sourpuss”? 

3. Do I motivate others by getting excited about things they are involved in? 

4. Do I greet others in a friendly manner when we meet? 

5. Do I usually see disappointments as opportunities for God to “work all things for good”? 

6. Can I distinguish true enthusiasm from emotional fervor? 

7. Am I able to “rejoice with those who rejoice”? Am I genuinely happy when others succeed, even if they surpass my accomplishments? 

8. Am I free in worship, or do I feel afraid to express my joy to God? 

9. Does my enthusiasm result in positive involvement, or does it end with emotional expression? 

10. Do enthusiastic people make me more enthusiastic or do they irritate me? 

11. Am I secure in my enthusiasm? Can I be comfortable with my own enthusiasm? 

12. Do I feel that people in general could use more enthusiasm in their lives? 

13. Am I capable of generating more enthusiasm than I do now? 

14. Am I willing to cooperate with God in becoming a more enthusiastic person? 

15. On an “enthusiasm scale” of one to ten, where would I place myself?

16. Where would I like to be on the scale?

No comments: