The Apostle Paul calls us Jars of Clay (2 Corinthians 4:7). As followers of Jesus we must allow the Word of God to fill us with it's message of Truth and Grace. In this way, we become a "vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Wisdom part 4

 May 27, 2021


LESSON 21: WISDOM
A. Definition of wisdom:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B. An example from my everyday life:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
C. A positive example from the Bible: Gen. 37:39-45; 1 Kings 3:23-28; Dan. 2:17-24, 46-49; Matt. 22:15-45; Luke 2:41-52. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
D. A negative example from the Bible: Gen. 3:1-7; Ex. 32:1-3; 1 Sam. 25; Luke 12:15-21; Rom. 1:18-32. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
E. Thinking about wisdom in my own life:
1. When have I been wise?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. In what situation did I fail to be wise? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. What problem in my life could God use to build wisdom? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Who can be a Christian model for me of wisdom? ________________________________________________
5. How can I develop this quality in my life?_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
F. A scripture verse I will memorize to help build wisdom into my life: Prov. 1:7; 4:5; 24:3; Col. 2:3; James 1:5, 6; 3:13.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
G. Self-evaluation:
1. Try to remember the last three decisions you made. Were they wise ones?______________________________
2. Do I seek advice from wise people to help me with major decisions? __________________________________
3. Do I consider my parents to be wiser than I am? __________________________________________________
4. Am I gaining in wisdom or in foolishness? ______________________________________________________
5. Do I envy people who seem to make wise choices consistently? ______________________________________
6. Does wisdom receive higher priority in my life than “happiness”? ____________________________________
7. Does reading and study increase wisdom?_______________________________________________________
8. Are people today generally wiser than people were 2,000 years ago?__________________________________
9. Can I be successful without being wise? ________________________________________________________
10. Do I depend upon the Holy Spirit to guide me when making a decision? ______________________________
11. Do I seek direction from the Scriptures when faced with alternatives? ________________________________
12. Do I respect the advice of my parents, teachers, or pastor? _________________________________________
13. Am I convinced that the wisdom of the Bible is superior to the wisdom of this world?____________________
14. Am I teachable? Do I readily listen to advice? ___________________________________________________
15. In conversation, am I interested in receiving wisdom from others or giving mine? _______________________
16. Am I convinced that all true wisdom comes from God? ___________________________________________
17. Am I cooperating with God to make myself a wise person? ________________________________________

No comments: